Evolve-IT have been working with a well-established Edinburgh based Asset Management firm and as part of their continual technology expansion, they are looking for a Tester to join their Income and Investment Team. The role will initially begin as a 6-month contract and operate under a hybrid working model in their Edinburgh office
The successful candidate will be an experienced Tester who joins the investments department and will work with in-house applications. You will be able to assess the environment, decide on the best testing technique to use and then successfully articulate this decision to the test manager/ project stakeholders
Your duties and essential job responsibilities include:
- You will be testing systems in a service-based architecture.
- Using Postman and .NET API & UI test framework templates to automate system and integration tests on .NET services deployed on Kubernetes.
- Integrating testing into Azure DevOps CI/CD pipelines.
- You will work closely with developers and test managers to build out automated and manual testing capabilities in different areas.
- You will work closely in scrum teams with product owners, project managers, business analysts and developers
- You will prioritise workloads, be flexible and work to tight deadlines
Skills, Qualifications and Other Requirements:
- Understanding of the Gherkin syntax
- Established experience with API or UI testing in .NET or API testing using Postman
- Knowledge of SQL
- Experience documenting test cases in Azure
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Previous experience within the financial industry
- Experience working under an Agile approach and be familiar with Scrum
- Basic knowledge of Git flow is desirable
- Understanding of the principles of performance testing is desirable
In return our client will offer a fantastic daily rate of up to £450 depending on experience.
If you think you have got the skills, knowledge, and experience required to succeed in this fantastic role, please do not hesitate and get in touch by emailing Esther@Evolve-IT.com or call on 07387 759331