Test Analyst – Trading and Settlements (contract)
We’re working with a prominent Edinburgh based asset management firm that has a brilliant culture and is working with the latest and greatest technologies on the market. The initial 6 month contract will be an office based vacancy and we are looking to speak to candidates that can commute to their head office in Edinburgh. Initially the contract will be 6 months, with a strong possibility that contract extensions will be offered, if the successful candidate shares and enthusiasm for technology and thirst for career development and learning new technologies.
I’m seeking someone who has strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills, manual and automation test experience with an understanding of Gherkin Syntax for acceptance criteria and test case documentation, along with automation experience and API or UI testing in a C#/ .Net environment.
- You will be working within a project team in either a Scrum or Kanban Setting. You will take part in 3 Amigos sessions, Stand-ups and retrospectives etc.
- You will have a full understanding of Gherkin Sytax. This is used for acceptance criteria and case documentation. Specflow is also used in automated test frameworks.
- You will have the ability to work closely with BA’s and Developers to drive out ambiguity in requirements.
- Fast paced static testing and a shift left approach
- As the business has a regression averse test automation strategy you will be responsible for adding to the automated regression pack as required.
- Documenting test cases using the BDD syntax in Azure DevOps
Skills / Experience
- 3-5+ years’ experience in a broad testing role within asset management
- Static and Automated test experience
- Gherkin + SpecFlow experience
- API/ UI testing (.Net, Visual Studio, Postman, Selenium)
- YAML, Azure DevOps
- SOA and Kubernetes experience would be beneficial
- Exposure to agile and BDD environments
- Ability to work on a portfolio of projects with internal stakeholders
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation level certified preferred
In return our client is offering a daily rate of £450.
If you think you have got the skills, knowledge, and experience required to succeed in this fantastic role, please do not hesitate and get in touch by emailing Natalie@Evolve-IT.com or call on 07766381305