Evolve IT's fantastic and long-standing client in the software development sector are looking to bring in a Senior Software Development Director to help shape the future of the organisations technology strategy. This is a truly exciting and unique opportunity for someone who wants to make their mark on an already successful business and market leader in not only the Edinburgh, Scotland or UK tech scene but globally.
The role will suit someone who prides themselves on managing high-performing technology teams and who is excited by the prospect of management of over 30 individuals. You will be a key member of the leadership team with key responsibilities in understanding, assessing and executing product strategy and associated development roadmaps and delivery plans for their key software products.
You will be running multiple teams across a number of key product streams that are critical to the business and will be tasked with day-to-day management of these teams, guiding strategy for the business both in terms of technology decisions but also in management and people-centric decisions. This role will report directly into senior management and board level so while a background in coding is obviously preferred - recent hands-on coding is not a requirement for this position.
The successful candidate will possess outstanding interpersonal skills and the technical skills and experience combined with a business acumen to provide an expert link between development teams and the rest of the business. Presentations and board-level reporting will be a requirement as will the development of relationships with existing clients to ensure our client maximises traction and builds for future business.
The Senior Software Development Director will have the following technical skills and experience:
- A proven track record in managing mid-large sized software engineering teams in fast paced and technologically progress organisations ideally within energy, oil & gas, geological or seismological environments though other sector experience will not be discounted
- A tech background in hands-on software engineering or computer science though recent hands-on experience is not a necessity
- Understanding of Distributed systems, able to understand or architect broad systems interactions
- 1st class interpersonal skills and the ability to mentor, coach and manage individuals in multiple tech teams to continuously improve
- Excellent presentation and reporting skills
- A strategic and forward thinking approach to technology and management
In return our client are offering a highly competitive salary (doe) plus an exceptional bonus (up to 20%), car allowance, private medical insurance, life insurance, generous pension, 37 hour working week with flexible working and multiple other benefits. This role will be remotely based initially but will return to flexible office/home working (negotiable but indicatively 3:2 ratio) once government restrictions allow.
Interviews will be taking place ASAP and will involve self-recorded video interview (administered by Evolve IT) and 2 stage Zoom interviews with out client.
Please do get in touch with a CV outlining your suitability to this role to firstname.lastname@example.org or 0131 285 0067.