Security Architect – (contract)
Evolve-IT are working with a prominent Edinburgh based asset management firm that has brilliant culture and is working with the latest and greatest technologies on the market. The initial 6 month contract will be an hybrid based vacancy and we are looking to speak to candidates that can commute to their head office in Edinburgh. Initially the contract will be 6 months, with a strong possibility that contract extensions will be offered if the successful candidate shares and enthusiasm for technology and thirst for career development and learning new technologies.
- Provide security-related subject-matter knowledge to Information Systems, helping inform the technical teams on the significance of cyber security.
- Guarantee cyber security is considered when client and business requests are converted into technology solutions.
- Create Security Architecture Standards and Artefacts to be constructed and used across the business’s technology.
- Deliver pragmatic leadership to delivery teams showing how to both design and build solutions which are secure by design.
- Push value from existing solutions to make certain they continue to be fit for purpose in an always changing cyber world
- Contribute to the business’s cyber security strategy and guarantee its use throughout the business.
- Evaluate the marketplace of security associated products and suggest relevant technologies for implementation within the firm.
- Maintains compliance (ISO-27001) by translating regulatory conditions to technical specifications for both application and system owners.
Skills / Experience
- You will have a full understanding of information security and cyber security
- Experience of producing secure cloud-based systems
- Understanding of the security threat landscape
- Excellent knowledge of DevSecOps principles
- Understanding of application development from start to end and the design of secure code
- Knowledge of network security, end-user & device security
- Enthusiasm for technology and cyber security
- Understanding of SABSA/Zachman/TOGAF Frameworks
- Enthusiasm for architecting technology solutions
- You can build relationships and influence others whilst taking ownership and responsibility
- Strong collaboration skills with an ambition for self-improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- CISSP (Desirable)
- ISSAP (Desirable)
- Azure Architect (Desirable)
In return our client is offering a daily rate of up to £900 depending on experience.
If you think you have got the skills, knowledge, and experience required to succeed in this fantastic role, please do not hesitate and get in touch by emailing Natalie@Evolve-IT.com or call on 07766381305