Are you a React Developer looking for a new challenge? Would you like to be part of an organisation that is doing good in the world AND working with pioneering technology!?
Evolve-IT Recruitment has partnered with a fantastic organisation that leverages cutting-edge geospatial and distributed ledger technologies to enhance the sustainability, ethics, and accessibility of agricultural supply chains.
This is a great opportunity to contribute to a web application which is really making a difference in the agriculture and environmental sector.
This is a chance to contribute to a small (but growing!) team of dedicated developers and geospatial engineers to create innovative solutions for real-world issues. Working with cutting-edge technologies, as well as the opportunity to travel overseas for company events. Being part of this fantastic team, you will lean into your creative and innovative technical skills. There is a generous development budget available to support your continued training and ensure you are able to stay abreast of new emerging technologies.
You will get involved in hands-on development, the opportunity to mentor junior developers and great career progression opportunities as the company grows. If you are passionate about all things React and want to gain experience working with Python, AWS, Postgres, and PostGIS. As well as making a meaningful contribution to an innovative startup, we welcome your application.
Some of what the role will involve:
- Engage in designing and implementing web applications by utilizing React and Python. Guarantee the smooth integration of both front-end and back-end components.
- Mentor and advise team members on industry best practices and standards.
- Leverage AWS services including EC2, ECS and RDS for efficient deployment and scalability.
- Work with Postgres and PostGIS to manage large geospatial datasets effectively for display and analysis.
The successful web developer will have the following skills and experience:
- A proven track record of working in React with a particular passion for NextJS
- Proficiency in developing backend services using Python.
- Experience in leadership or mentoring roles.
- Ideally you will have previous experience with AWS, Postgres, and PostGIS.
- Outstanding communication and collaboration abilities and capable of excelling in a remote work setting.
- A real drive to be involved in an organisation that is making a positive difference through technology.
In return, our client will offer an annual salary of up to £50,000 as well as a range of fantastic additional benefits. This is a flexible hybrid or remote role, with the need for someone to visit the Glasgow office 1 day per month, as well as the option to discuss flexible working hours.
If you think you have the skills, knowledge, and experience required to succeed in this fantastic role, please do not hesitate and get in touch by emailing Natalie@Evolve-IT.com or call on 07766381305.