Evolve’s multi-award winning financial services client have a new permanent vacancy for a Software Developer working primarily in R and .NET based in their Edinburgh city centre offices.
The position will work in the production of complex financial models on behalf of clients to calculate, visualise and present information regarding pensions and investments. Working as part of a small, multi-disciplined team you will have substantial influence on the coding strategy and will see the direct impact of your work on the end client.
Working in SCRUM methodology you will also have the opportunity for home/remote working and a very relaxed and professional coding environment while benefiting from the massive investments our client make in utilising the most up-to-date technology on the market.
The ideal R Developer will have the following technical skills and experience:
• Experience of software design, particularly distributed systems, with a proficiency for related design patterns
• Significant hands-on experience programming in R language (experience building shiny applications and plumber APIs desirable)
• Solid knowledge of R ecosystem, particularly package development
• Passionate about technology, with experience of working with the Hymans chosen technology stack (Microsoft development stack, Azure Cloud computing, Data Science technologies, R)
• Good understanding of Functional Programming principles and constructs
• Able to think expansively and seek new perspective
• Excellent communication skills
You will be an individual who is comfortable articulating complex technical issues to users of all technical levels and will be someone who has a passion for analytical though and in coming up with creative methods of statistical analysis.
In return our client are offering a fantastic salary package (up to £55,000) plus profit share and pension as well as their award winning flexible benefits package which includes full study support in order to continue with certifications. They also offer flexible working hours and home-working as required.
This role is to be based in Edinburgh though can be based in Glasgow for the right candidate. Both are fantastic city-centre offices with excellent access to public transport.
If this sounds like the next step in your info sec career then we want to hear from you.