Evolve IT’s client who operates within the insurance industry are entering a large period of growth and as a result are looking for an ambitious Lead Software Engineer with a proven track record. Our client is focused on restoring trust in insurance at a global level by only providing consumers with win-win insurance packages. This will be a permanent position operating under a fully remote format
If you are a passionate hands-on Senior Software Engineer looking to progress your management experience this is the ideal role for you. You will lead a small cross-functional team while still being a strong hands-on contributor. Our client is looking to start the process of migrating from their current stack based on PHP and Symfony, to a stack-based on Node.js and AWS Lambdas.
Your Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for managing two-three individuals in the team
- You will be responsible for the growth of your direct reports
- You will be responsible for planning and implementing strategies to ensure the continuous improvement of your team
- You will take a pragmatic approach and advocate for simplicity and clean coding principles.
- You will champion agile methodologies including scrum, kanban and XP.
- You will help with mentoring your colleagues.
- You strongly advocate for test-driven development and continuous delivery
- You advocate DevOps principles
The successful Lead Software Engineer will have
- A degree in computer science or a relevant field
- Experience as a multi-skilled software engineer.
- Some leadership/Management experience
- Experience with AWS (RDS, API gateway, S3, Cognito, Lambdas, EC2, etc..)
- Modern DevOps experience
- Experience with Node.js
- Exposure to Unix-based development environment, knowledge of LAMP: MongoDB + PHP + Symfony 3 or similar such as Laravel
- Experience with a computing language such as; Python, Go, Typescript or Vagrant
- Eagerness to learn company-specific stack
- Customer-focused working model
- A strong aptitude for learning
- Innovative perspective
- Contributing to an inclusive and safe working environment
In return, our client will offer a fantastic salary of up to £75,000 per annum based on experience. This role will not only be remote but also offer flexible working, allowing you to have full control over your calendar. You will also have access to a company health scheme to help build a healthier lifestyle. Any travel for company events based in London will be fully compensated by our client
If this sounds like the next step in your career then we want to hear from you. This will be a two-stage interview process; beginning with a teams-based interview followed by a technical interview.
Please apply to email@example.com with your CV outlining your suitability for the position. All conversations regarding this role will be treated in the utmost confidence. We look forward to hearing from you.