Data Engineer – Permanent – Fully Remote – up to £45,000
Evolve IT Recruitment are hiring for an exciting new opportunity for a Data Engineer to work with a rapidly growing FinTech organisation as a key player in the next stage of their technical expansion. Our client is building the next generation of capabilities within the payment processing industry, and they are focused on building empowered teams that do great things.
In this position, your responsibilities will involve leading the overhaul of the businesses data systems. This includes creating and implementing architectures to enhance analytical and business outcomes from diverse data sources. You will collaborate with team members to design and build efficient, robust, and automated data pipelines, as well as transformation applications.
- Offer guidance and mentorship to fellow team members.
- You will play a role in the ongoing enhancement and advancement of business processes.
- Utilize advanced data modelling expertise to create and build a dimensional model including facts, dimensions, etc, suitable for multi-terabyte storage.
- Design and maintain an inclusive cloud-based data warehouse architecture to enable the smooth flow, normalization, and synchronization of data with upstream/downstream dependent systems.
- Develop procedures for overseeing data across its entire life cycle, encompassing ingestion, storage, retention, and deletion.
- You will collaborate with Product Managers and Business Analysts to comprehend functional requirements. Engage with diverse cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release features.
Skills and Qualifications:
- You will have at least 3 years of experience with SQL Knowledge (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, etc.) and Knowledge of GIT, Jenkins (CI).
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with scripting languages such as Python and PowerShell. You will also have at least 2 years of experience working with web service APIs (SOAP, REST).
- Familiarity with cloud-based data warehouse solutions and ELT/ETL solutions is advantageous.
- Familiarity with the Snowflake Analytics Platform and Talend is advantageous.
- Previous experience working within an Agile environment.
- Proactiveness, initiative, and logical thinking are essential qualities for this role.
- Unlimited annual leave
- Fully remote opportunity (£500 given for desk / chair for home office and £60 per month on top of salary given as remote working allowance)
- Annual bonus scheme
- Medical insurance, life assurance, critical illness cover
If this sounds like the next step in your technical support career, you think you have got the skills, knowledge, and experience required to succeed in this fantastic role, please get in touch by emailing Natalie@Evolve-IT.com or call on 07766381305.