Evolve IT's exclusive education-sector client are going through significant digital transformation as they embrace the digital age of education. As a result they are looking to bring on a skilled Data Analyst with strong analytics, systems and business acumen to join them on a 1 year fixed term contract. The role will fulfill a broad remit and will be key to the future development of technology within the organisation.
The role will have core responsibilities for the core business systems, identifying data requirements, analysing that data and producing reports to support the business decisions of the organisation. You must be experienced in ETL and in using complex data sets before reporting using visualisation tech such as Power BI. You will take the lead on implementing data management policies as well as leading complex data-related projects as the organisation looks to radically transform it's digital landscape.
This is a truly exciting opportunity for someone with a well-rounded and creative approach to data analysis, business analysis, systems and organisational change. It is a role that does not come along very often outwith the financial services.
The successful Data Analyst will have the following technical skills and experience:
- 1st class skills in Excel and SQL particularly SQL query-based reporting
- A proven ability in managing database applications and establishing reports using Power BI.
- Data Model Definition, setup and management
- The knowledge and skill to analyse data and information from varied sources and collate, manipulate and present in clear and concise way.
- A background in digital transformation projects
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
In return our client are offering the opportunity to truly give back to the community. Through your data analysis work you will help improve the data reporting for the education of children and will play a key role in helping our client develop a fantastic future learning experience. Our client is offering a highly competitive salary, pension and extensive holiday allowance. You will be based onsite in South Edinburgh but will have the opportunity for fully remote/flexible work as required.
If this sounds like the next step in your career then we want to hear from you.