C++ Software Engineer – Permanent – Fully Remote (you can be based anywhere in the UK)
Evolve IT Recruitment is hiring for an exciting new opportunity with our ambitious client that is a leader in providing innovative products and solutions in the global video surveillance industry. Our client is keen to hire someone that thrives in a highly collaborative culture, where learning new technology and having fun are as important as your design and coding. You will have the opportunity to work on exciting and challenging projects, applying your expert knowledge and skills to develop software that supports a wide range of systems and products, and contribute to the development and growth of their next generation software for video walls and displays.
Ideally your background will include experience in working with technologies such as C++ and Linux and it is preferred that you have some experience previously working in the video space (codecs, encoding, compression, video transporting). Our client is based in Derby and also has offices across Scotland in Prestwick, Glasgow, and Edinburgh – you can be office based, work hybrid, or fully remote – they are happy to support what suits you and helps you to achieve your best work.
- Development of software using C++ and Linux
- Design code for re-use and portability, working with containers in a microservice architecture
- Contribute to the architecture discussions with the team and support the design of new and existing products
- Support the testing and debugging of software projects, developing / maintaining unit tests in accordance with Agile and continuous-integration processes
- C++ development experience
- Linux experience
- Video technology experience
This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to the next stage of growth of their technology and be a key part of the team when they are looking to grow the team in future. If interested please get your CV across today.