Evolve IT's award finning financial services client are continuing to lead the way in technology in the pension and investments sector and are looking for an Application Support Developer to join them on a permanent basis to provide support to their clients, internal users, and software development teams on a variety of technologies.
You will be involved in the project initiation of up-and-coming developments Furthermore You will be actively monitoring their systems to ensure that applications perform to the best of their capability and be on hand should an issue be identified. Be actively involved in automation and integration works. This role will require your active participation in the training of staff within the organisation working towards their ultimate goals. You will have the opportunity to join several groups such as the Security Group, Architectural Forum, and Continuous Improvement in Release group.
This role will require a strong background knowledge as you will be a point of contact or Mentor and you will be giving advice on best practices and writing policy and ensure this is adopted into daily practices.
- provide basic systems support in addition to monitoring and reporting of systems availability/capacity.
- Supporting internal development teams e.g., root cause analysis, advising on development practices in line with IT policies and systems.
- regularly document, and update procedures, processes, and systems.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in a rigorous and methodical manner and that comprehensive audit trails are in evidence.
- Comply with information security standards, policies, and procedures.
- Experience working in an engineering role – this may be from software development or IT background at a senior level.
- Experience in systems design, and core knowledge of areas such as Networking, Windows OS, Security, Databases, Cloud (Azure preferred), basic scripting or software development languages such as .NET and Java, and database languages such as SQL.
- Experience in supporting websites and web applications written in .NET (preferred) or other mainstream languages.
- Experience in working to change management.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- .Net framework, PowerShell, NodeJS, XML and JSON
- RESTful APIs
- SQL Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 onward.
- Microsoft Azure Cloud offerings.
- Basic understanding of networking and Firewalls
- Appreciation of Web Security
- Azure DevOps
- Management of various CMS such as Umbraco.
This is a brilliant opportunity for an established Application Support Developer to really bring their own ideas and stamp their own mark on an established organisation that is looking to take the next steps in technology.
In return, our client is offering a fantastic salary and an award-winning benefits package including 34 days annual leave (incl public), annual profit share bonus scheme, pension, private medical insurance, life assurance, and permanent health insurance as well as an entire catalogue of other optional benefits including childcare, gym memberships, and even an in-office health screening service.
All of this is combined with a fantastic city-center office location In Edinburgh. If this sounds like the next step in your career, then I'd love to hear from you to discuss the role in more detail.
Get in touch with a CV outlining your Application Support Development experience to firstname.lastname@example.org / 0131 659 9895